Vertical Gauger at Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc.
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Midland, Texas
The Vertical Gauger monitors adherence to Company oil measurement and sale policy by Company personnel and/or purchasers or haulers, to ensure full credit by purchasers.
- Spot checks oil measurements by Lease Operators and oil haulers, without advance notice; drives to tank batteries and works sale tanks; verifies accuracy of run tickets left by Company Lease Operators or haulers.
- Checks Lease Operators gauge line, plumb bob, shakeout equipment, thermometers, etc., for accuracy; arranges replacement of malfunctioning gauging equipment.
- Communicates Company measurement requirements to oil haulers and purchasers; works with oil haulers to ensure compliance with Company policy.
- When advised by Lease Operator of discrepancy between his/her bottom gauge and haulers, or when tank is rejected by hauler, personally regauges tank involved; if appropriate, contacts purchaser or hauler to arrange adjustment or solution.
- Advises Company Lease Operators and haulers as to current API (American Petroleum Institute) standards for oil movement; visits in-person and demonstrates correct procedures if needed.
- Provides on-the-job training or retraining of Company Lease Operators whose measurement practices differ from API or Company standards.
- Witnesses or performs observed gravity and temperature, sediment and water determination at LACT (Lease Automatic Custody Transfer) unit closings.
- Completes required procedures and related paperwork (LACT Component Check, LACT Witness Sheet, Site Inspection Form, etc.).
- Witnesses tank strapping performed by transporters or purchasers and documents results.
- If necessary, solicits Supervisor's assistance in negotiating resolution of measurement disputes with oil haulers and purchasers.
- Performs classroom and field training in static measurement and LACT units.
- Randomly inspects battery sites for security; communicates Company sealing policies to transporters and purchasers.
- Submits gauge reports to Supervisor, personally prepared in connection with spot checks of haulers’ measurements.
- Reports, using voice radio or mobile telephone, to Lease Operators or Foremen when emergency or problem situations are observed while driving on Company operated leases.
- May relieve Lease Operators or Foremen.
- Learns and follows all Pioneer HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) policies at all times; attends all required safety meetings.
- Adheres to all safe operating practices established by Company, as well as EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations and policies.
- Knows and uses appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times.
- Provides proper servicing, maintenance, and security for Company property, including assigned vehicle.
- Drives Company vehicles over various types of road conditions and terrain, including highways, rural roads including paved and gravel surfaces, and off road situations including two track roads; road conditions include steep hills, muddy roads, snow covered roads and other poor conditions.
- Accurately completes timesheets, daily worksheets and logs, etc.
- May be required to regularly work extended work week of more than forty hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School education or equivalent.
- 3 years oil field production experience, INCLUDING: 1 year as a lease operator or gauger.
- Basic knowledge of pipeline operations.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.