Maintenance Technician 3 (NJ) at Dematic Corp
Posted in Admin - Clerical 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Location: USA - NJ - Jersey City
Req ID: 52653
Position Title: Maintenance Technician 3 (NJ)
Experience Level: Senior Level
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Required: Yes
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Dematic Corp. has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician 3 located in New Jersey City, NJ. This position will function as one of the Senior Technicians at our customer site for a long term maintenance contract.
Senior Technicians shall have the following minimum qualifications and responsibilities:
- Electromechanical skills, troubleshooting skills with PLC controls, servos, and other discrete electrical control components.
- Experience wokring with Automated Guided Vehicles.
- Five years maintenance experience with electromechanical equipment experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to connect a maintenance PC to a PLC and step through and understand the PLC program to troubleshoot complex controls failures, and make minor code changes under the direction of Engineering.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
1. Practice safe work habits and abide by the safety rules in accordance with the safety policies set forth by our client.
2. Provide electromechanical corrective repairs and preventative maintenance.
3. Log all service work performed, downtime during repair, and account for equipment service requests.
4. Work in cooperation as a team with the 3PL warehouse operators.
5. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs., walk long distances and stand for long periods of time.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Leads the complex maintenance tasks, equipment trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Performs complex product and service training to customers. Performs complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. Completes documents of all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures; reviews maintenance logs and work orders of junior techs. Mentors junior techs. Leads the resolution of complex equipment/system failures & faults and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution. Performs assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements. May participate in the negotiation and administration of service contracts.
Performs complex and technically demanding work within technical area of expertise. Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is more difficult and complex. Refers only most complex, unusual problems to others.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area. Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Direction of Others:
May provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees.
Key Working Relationships:
Frequent inter-organizational and external contacts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.