Sr. Human Resources Manager at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Admin - Clerical 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cedar Springs, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
We have an opening for a Sr. HR Manager to be a strategic business partner at our containerboard paper mill located in Cedar Springs, Georgia (30 minutes east of Dothan, Alabama). The Cedar Springs mill is a unionized facility with approximately 500 employees operating one of the largest paper manufacturing operations in the world on a 24/7 schedule. Our culture values integrity, respect, challenge, diversity, teamwork and continuous improvement, and we are seeking a high-initiative HR professional to help us advance our culture and improve our team’s performance faster than ever before. The role will provide an opportunity to integrate all areas of human resources, including talent planning strategy and execution, employee relations, leadership development, compensation and labor strategy.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Working with employees and leaders to improve organizational effectiveness through understanding and application of our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Helping the organization build the capability required to operate in an environment where decisions are made within the context of general principles rather than detailed rules.
- Driving step-change improvements to the mill’s talent position through strategic workforce planning and development.
- Building credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders and advancing employee and labor relations.
- Applying judgement and using critical thinking to solve complex organizational problems, evaluate trade-offs and recommend meaningful alternatives.
- Positively impacting the safety of our work environment by demonstrating a personal commitment to safety and by influencing others.
- Identifying talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coaching supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Understanding, identifying and managing HR-related compliance risks.
- Interpreting labor contracts, policies and practices.
- Driving innovation, including in HR functions and processes.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 5 years of HR generalist/manager experience.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Previous HR experience working in a manufacturing or large industrial environment.
- Previous experience in a union environment.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf