Securonix Cosnultant at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
App Security Architect
• MCA graduate.
• 'Understand functional and nonfunctional application security requirements.
• Raise queries and seek clarification.
• Use requirement gathering techniques like Interviews, Focus groups, Facilitated workshops to collect more information security requirements and refine them.
Design & Analysis:
• 'Identify areas that need to be validated using POC and drive it.
• Conduct and facilitate idea generation techniques like brainstroming, benchmarking, alternatives generation to come up with exhaustive and ideal design.
• Create design documents LLD,HLD etc.
• 'Monitor and review installation and configuration of application and data security products, data repository product(ldap) and configure replication.
• For enabling parallel development of custom component, create skeleton/framework using which implementation will be done by Security Engineers.
• Conduct code review, ensure code quality and standard, continous integration is done.
• Clarify questions / resolve issues / concerns on time.
• seek review from peer / Senior Developer periodically.
• Highlight any potential risks to Leads and seek inputs to resolve issues identified.
• Update traceability matrix for the work package developed.
• provide support on process audit activities.
• Adhere to process and tools.
• follow the SCM policies set for project.
• 'Create unit test plan.
• Review unit test cases.
• Review unit test results.
• Develop SDLC lifecycle artifacts based on customer SDLC process.
• 'Review build and deployment instructions.
• Schedule and review change requests.
• Facilitate automation for build and deployment.
• Facilitate building of tools/process for quick and efficient validation of application pre/post deployment (sanity checks).
• 'Analyze defects (identify dependencies between application/components, alternate fixes, etc).
• Review defect fixes.
• Ensure defect density is low, defect leakage is null and first time right metric is high.
Coaching & Facilitating:
• 'Build induction training, conduct and facilitate.
• Facilitate knowledge sharing within and among team through sessions.
• Encourage team to take up domain/technical certifications.
• 'Technical inputs for estimation.
• Do project estimation for project enhancements and mid size new projects.
Resource/ Efforts Estimation and Monitoring:
• Provide bottom up estimation for work packages.
• Provide input to Security architect on dependencies between work packages.
Process Improvements and Adherence:
• 'Identify areas where automation/improvements can be done, develop accelerators to improve efficiency and productivity.
• Identify pain points/gaps in process and suggest improvements.
• Contribute towards updating knowledge assets and reviweing user manual, online help document, installation manual / scripts.
• Contribute / search / reuse all types of assets from repository.
• 'Resolve conflicts within team.
• Conduct periodic 1on1 to provide and receive feedback.
• 'Technical support required for drafting solution response.
Solution Design & Development:
• 'Create Design documents LLD, HLD.
• Perform POC for solution realization based on technology skills.
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
* Proficiency Legends
|Proficiency Level||Generic Reference|
|PL1||The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.|
|PL2||The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.|
|PL3||The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.|
|PL4||The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.|
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at http://www.cognizant.com/or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.