• 'Understand functional and nonfunctional application security requirements.
• Raise queries and seek clarification.
• Use requirement gathering techniques like Interviews, Focus groups, Facilitated workshops to collect more information security requirements and refine them.
Design & Analysis:
• 'Identify areas that need to be validated using POC and drive it.
• Conduct and facilitate idea generation techniques like brainstroming, benchmarking, alternatives generation to come up with exhaustive and ideal design.
• Create design documents LLD,HLD etc.
• 'Monitor and review installation and configuration of application and data security products, data repository product(ldap) and configure replication.
• For enabling parallel development of custom component, create skeleton/framework using which implementation will be done by Security Engineers.
• Conduct code review, ensure code quality and standard, continous integration is done.
• Clarify questions / resolve issues / concerns on time.
• seek review from peer / Senior Developer periodically.
• Highlight any potential risks to Leads and seek inputs to resolve issues identified.
• Update traceability matrix for the work package developed.
• provide support on process audit activities.
• Adhere to process and tools.
• follow the SCM policies set for project.
• 'Create unit test plan.
• Review unit test cases.
• Review unit test results.
• Develop SDLC lifecycle artifacts based on customer SDLC process.
• 'Review build and deployment instructions.
• Schedule and review change requests.
• Facilitate automation for build and deployment.
• Facilitate building of tools/process for quick and efficient validation of application pre/post deployment (sanity checks).
• 'Analyze defects (identify dependencies between application/components, alternate fixes, etc).
• Review defect fixes.
• Ensure defect density is low, defect leakage is null and first time right metric is high.
Coaching & Facilitating:
• 'Build induction training, conduct and facilitate.
• Facilitate knowledge sharing within and among team through sessions.
• Encourage team to take up domain/technical certifications.
• 'Technical inputs for estimation.
• Do project estimation for project enhancements and mid size new projects.
Resource/ Efforts Estimation and Monitoring:
• Provide bottom up estimation for work packages.
• Provide input to Security architect on dependencies between work packages.
Process Improvements and Adherence:
• 'Identify areas where automation/improvements can be done, develop accelerators to improve efficiency and productivity.
• Identify pain points/gaps in process and suggest improvements.
• Contribute towards updating knowledge assets and reviweing user manual, online help document, installation manual / scripts.
• Contribute / search / reuse all types of assets from repository.
• 'Resolve conflicts within team.
• Conduct periodic 1on1 to provide and receive feedback.
• 'Technical support required for drafting solution response.
Solution Design & Development:
• 'Create Design documents LLD, HLD.
• Perform POC for solution realization based on technology skills.
Proficiency Level *
* Proficiency Legends
The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at http://www.cognizant.com/or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.