Freight Clerk at Akima, LLC
Posted in Military/Defense 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Augusta, Georgia
Wolverine Services provides the reliable facilities operations and maintenance, base level logistics, airfield operations, and range operations services that keep military bases and federal agency posts around the country operating at peak efficiency.
Under general supervision, processes a variety of outbound shipments to include hazardous materials in accordance with the contract and/or military regulations.
Prepares documents for a variety of commodities, to include special handling, utilizing the web-based transportation system for outbound freight and cargo. Determines classifications and selects the most efficient and economical rates for shipment. Confirms proper certification of hazardous cargo prior to shipment.
- Reviews shipping requests, identifies priority, and selects mode of shipment utilizing most advantageous to the government. Identifies and applies Government Bill of Lading Office Code (GBLOC) to allow for accurate and timely payment to carriers.
- Analyzes types of freight to be shipped. Prepares load plans giving consideration to the most cost effective equipment configuration on moving conveyance, i.e. truck, trailer. Conducts on-site verification of equipment measurements. Determines quantity and type of commercial transport vehicles needed to move the equipment via ground.
- Serves as liaison between the commercial trucking company and military Fort Gordon units/customers for outbound freight and cargo.
- Coordinates with appropriate activities to obtain equipment (i.e. forklift and/or crane) needed to support loading/off-loading of vehicles and equipment.
- Provides shipping cost estimates to customers upon request.
- Processes domestic and international movement of small packages via government approved commercial carrier. Verifies customs documents are accurately prepared.
- Reviews for accuracy and processes Federal Express bills; forwards to government for payment.
- Documents non-routine situations which may result in additional or excess cost to the government.
High school diploma or equivalent (either a GED or three years of work experience that demonstrates the ability to write, read and comprehend written instructional documents, perform common mathematical tasks and to communicate effectively).
A minimum of four years of experience in Transportation/Supply or Freight related duties, two of which must be in Military Freight. In the event a qualified candidate is not identified Military Freight experience may be excluded.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.