Technician Shop - Truck at Nebraska Machinery Company
Posted in Automotive 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Company: NMC Group
Title: Total Truck Technician
The NMC Total Truck Technician is responsible for the diagnosis and repair on all makes and models of heavy duty vehicles. Responsible for maintaining the customer’s satisfaction in the field, shop or at customer’s location. Removes, installs, repairs, disassembles, assembles, and performs failure analysis of all equipment including light, medium and heavy duty truck, trailer and equipment repair.
ESSENTIAL/PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision.
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Determines what services are required to repair the machine and performs failure analysis. Asks for assistance as needed in failure analysis and diagnosing problems for quality control.
- Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks, engines and components.
- Installs injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, suspension and brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts.
- Read job order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines an, or engine components.
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines.
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly. Attends safety meetings as required. Maintains tools in good working order as per MSHA and OSHA regulations. Maintains a clean work area in accordance to contamination control and NMC standards.
- Participates in all job-related training and applicable development classes to maintain current knowledge base on machines serviced by NMC.
Additional Tasks/Secondary Job Functions, if applicable
- Thoroughly and efficiently gathers customer information, assesses customer needs, educate the customer where applicable and appropriate, and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Work within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Handles all customer inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Promotes a professional image of the company at all times and is knowledgeable about the services NMC provides.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability and Motivation to work Independently
- Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills
- Personal Tool Set with a Rollaway toolbox
- Experience Diesel Truck Diagnosis and Repair
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to fully use all required service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On-Line.
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements.
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Knowledge of and ability to regularly use: Hand wrenches, grease guns, hammers, impact tools, air tools, torque wrenches, screw drivers, basic measuring tools, overhead hoists, slings and chains, electrical testing equipment, hydraulic test equipment and numerous other specialized testing and adjusting equipment. Most often the employee must furnish the majority of the above tools.
- Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
- Ability to write meaningful and legible service reports and work orders.
- Ability to react well under pressure.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment to ensure repair results in functioning machine.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Skills in effective customer service and verbal, listening and written communication to consult with customers, understand issues and recommend solutions.
- Basic PC skills required in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Skills in problem solving, organization and effective time management.
- Skills in safety rig or hook for lifting and blocking parts, components, or machines and operating floor jacks and overhead cranes.
- Medical (and FSA/HAS plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT NEBRASKA MACHINERY COMPANY
At Nebraska Machinery Company (NMC), our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture to meet the changing needs of our customers in a rapidly evolving environment. NMC enables our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions with specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, and rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC continues to take pride in developing strong relationships with customers and our employees. These personal connections cultivate growth and success – they are the strength of NMC.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Enabling our customers' success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions.
INTEGRITY RELATIONSHIPS ENTREPRENERURSHIP EXCELLENCE STEWARDSHIP
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic informatidon or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.