Opto-Mechanical Assembly Technician (OMAT) at Flir Systems
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bozeman, Montana
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position works under minimal supervision completing laser opto-mechanical sub-assemblies across all product lines in production. Is proficient in building most sub-assemblies and consistently executes on assignments to maintain production schedules. Understands and takes the responsibility to influence production priorities. Creates and implements efficient processes and techniques. Has demonstrated the skills needed to set-up and operate advanced test equipment. As needed, demonstrate proper techniques for assembly assignments to maintain production schedules. Has demonstrated accuracy and effectiveness in document writing, troubleshooting, and subassembly rework techniques and abilities. Qualified to perform Quality Control inspection on all laser components and subassemblies to precise and exacting highest level standards. Some products may require performance of associated tasks in a Class 1000 Cleanroom environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Skills and techniques needed to build complex and laser aligned subassemblies while following established safety practices
- Effectively operate test equipment, instruments, set-up beam lines and lasers needed during subassembly builds and active alignment assemblies.
- Performs required subassembly rework and troubleshooting
- Ability to produce production related MS Office documents of any kind – work instructions, spreadsheets, etc
- Assists others in sub-assembly and alignment tasks, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Supports daily sub-assembly and laser production needs without supervision
- Supports new products initial sub-assembly builds, techniques and processes
- Supports lower level OMAT team member training on sub-assembly techniques and processes
- Computer Skills including use of MS
- level of concentration
- Excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and in a team/group environment
- Ability to follow detailed instructions in working with high voltage and current power supplies and lasers
- Demonstrates ability to consistently deliver high quality results and meet schedule requirements
- Functions reliably as an integral member of the laser production team
- Clearly communicate and discuss detailed product and assembly specifications
- Work activities should align with FLIR performance competencies associated with the job role
Essential Job Functions:
- Working with computers
- Working with small precision optical components
- Working with microscopes and a wide range of small hand tools and electronic test equipment
- Frequent use of cleaning chemicals and adhesives
- Working with high voltage and current power supplies
- Working with low power lasers and associated safety equipment
- Sitting at workstations for long periods of time
- Working in a cleanroom environment in cleanroom attire if required
- Decision making and problem solving
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent education is required
- Generally requires a minimum of 18 to 24 months of equivalent laser subassembly and assembly building experience along with demonstrated experience and proficiency in production document and report writing, and data processing
- Has demonstrated exceptional strengths and abilities in the team production environment
- Capable of communicating in a professional environment
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.