Senior Internal Auditor at IAP
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose
A leading international government contractor for more than 60 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. IAP's corporate headquarters is located in Cape Canaveral, FL, and operates in over 100 locations in 20 countries worldwide. IAP also maintains offices in Panama City, FL, Virginia, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East.
The senior internal auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Position is characterized by the incumbent's taking ownership of assigned audits and developing the scope and risk entailed
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described - performs related duties as requested)
- Develop and implement risk-based audit programs using audit software tools such as GRC On-Demand, ACL or TeamMate.
- Utilize audit software to properly document all steps in the audit process from planning, through testing and reporting to monitoring of remediation actions. Document and evaluate financial, operational and compliance policies and procedures for design effectiveness.
- Conduct financial, compliance and operational audits by examining and verifying the areas of internal control, time and labor charging, pricing and estimating, accounting for unallowable cost, material management, accounting system, and others.
- May support divisions and subsidiaries in evaluating and recommending improvements to business practices, processes and control procedures.Perform other duties and special projects as requested by the Audit Committee and Senior Management.Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, outstanding organizational and analytical skills, as well as a strong customer service orientation. Effectively communicate results of audits, reviews and assignments in a verbal and written format
- Remain current with industry trends and maintain professional certifications.
- Build, maintain and continually enhance working relationships within the company.
- Continually incorporate industry best practices and other forms of value added activity into the internal audit process to achieve superior organizational value and customer service.
- Conduct training sessions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as required.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations as required.
Level of Supervision:
May lead and supervise staff for completion of audits
May provide technical direction and support to an assigned work group. May monitor lower level auditor's work on a frequent basis.
Education & Experience: (or equivalent)
5 years professional internal audit experience with BS degree (7 years with BA degree) or four years public auditing experience including 3 years in a US government contracting environment.
MBA is preferred.
License & Certifications: Able to obtain either a CIA, CPA, CFE or CISA within 2 years
Knowledge & Skills:
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and IIA Standards.
- Working knowledge of FAR and CAS preferred.
Recent and relevant audit or finance experience, especially in government contracting preferred
Security Clearance: A DOD Security Clearance is required for this position.
Travel: Willing to travel both CONUS and OCONUS as required.