Phlebotomist - Objective (East and West Clinic) at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 Hospital in Wisconsin as a Phlebotomist!
We are seeking a Phlebotomist to:
- Become part of our diverse team, working in a fast paced and patient centered environment.
- Collect blood specimens using a variety of techniques from patients of all ages in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Work with other teams of healthcare professionals to provide a positive experience to all patients, families and visitors.
Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred - Previous phlebotomy experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – CPR Certification or ability to obtain CPR certification upon hire
Preferred – Phlebotomist (ASCP) or equivalent
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Tolerance to an acute care setting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology related to blood collection.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skill with laboratory information systems.
Light: Ability to life up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This full time, 40 hours per week, position will have shifts scheduled Monday - Friday with a start time between the hours of 7:15 am - 9:00 am. There are no weekend or holiday requirements. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.