Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Play a critical role in keeping patients, visitors and staff safe at the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We’re seeking someone with a passion for Criminal Justice and Safety to join UW Health as a Security Officer, you will:
Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Preferred: Associate Degree or progress towards a degree in criminal justice field or a Bachelor’s Degree in any other field of study preferred.
Minimum: One (1) year relevant experience or appropriate preferred education requirements required
Preferred: Experience in healthcare security, corporate security, or law enforcement preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Minimum - Valid Driver’s License, completion of IAHSS Basic Certification within 6 months of hire. Security Officers must complete and be granted access through an application for unescorted access designed by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to determine trustworthiness and reliability as defined in the NRC’s regulations in Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 37. Security Officers must maintain unescorted access authorization throughout employment with Security Services department (this requirement does not apply to Security Officers based out of The American Center).
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Ability to be insured by Hospital’s risk management insurer which requires (1) a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and (2) successfully passing a driving background check.
· Knowledge of and skill with computer systems, including spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, computer-aided dispatch, alarm systems, access control databases, and surveillance cameras.
· Knowledge of radio equipment for communications.
· Skill in oral communications, especially listening and recalling information during high stress conditions.
· Knowledge of verbal and non-verbal tactics to safely de-escalate emotional individuals.
· Ability to use non-violent crisis intervention techniques, trained defense tactics, restraint tactics, and a working knowledge sufficient to assist law enforcement, corrections, or fire personnel as needed.
Physical Requirements: Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Schedule: 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. 11:00PM - 7:00AM with rotating weekends and holidays required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
Learn more about this opening
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.