Manager, Field Sales - Core/Tru/Spirits On/Off at Constellation Brands
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Primary responsibility is to plan, communicate, and execute Constellation’s spirits initiatives in the control state. The Direct Field Sales Manager will ensure we are achieving our sales programs and goals in the stores, upsell stores on programs and cases where possible, provide analytics to store level management on shelving opportunities and consumer insights, and present SKU opportunities to garner more POD’s in the store where possible. On Premise location work will also be warranted depending in the market needs and will be the FSM will conduct sales calls and trainings in the on premise to drive Constellation products in the on premise.
This role is a direct sales force role and will cover all 3 Business Units (Spirits, Tru, and Core). The role will be part of the Control States Spirits region; will report directly to the RSM for UT/WY who will report to the Control States GSM. The RSM will coordinate the needs of the Core and Tru wine divisions for UT and WY; have dotted line to those GSM’s and will disseminate the needed wine KPI’s and information to the FSM for execution follow-up’s.
Sales Planning and Program Development
- In partnership with the RSM, develop and conduct assigned market surveys, competitive pricing surveys, and sales calls to the off and on premise accounts.
- Events, sponsorships, trade activities/trainings may be part of the required work from time to time and the FSM will participate as needed.
- Provide RSM with market intelligence and recommendations for effective planning or programming, pricing alignment, and budget planning.
- Execute new product launches
- Manage merchandising pre-plan
Execution and Communication of Sales Objectives
- Communicate all necessary information and brand education on Constellation Brands programs, strategies and standards to accounts in order to achieve depletion and distribution goals
- Establish sales presence in the market and ensure CBI brand priority and initiatives are maintained
- Achieve sales performance measures and targets using the Constellation Brands brand priorities
In Market Training and Relationship Development
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with key accounts, individual stores, and buyers. Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities
- Provide product education sessions to Retailers, and other customers
- Partner with Trade Marketing to understand brand health and needs and develop market specific or store specific programming to align with market and brand health. Present Trade Marketing proposals to the RSM for approval.
- Align for on premise initiatives as warranted; in alignment with the on premise broker counterpart and the RSM. Conduct events or tastings or trainings if needed. On Premise activities will vary by month depending on market need; but will align to the off premise accounts this FSM manages. Alignment with that entity is a must.
Administration and Analysis
- Provide feedback to RSM on market issues: opportunities, changes, retailer issues and competitive activity
- Work with Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and NABCA level data
- Conduct post-promotional analysis in conjunction with SOM (as applicable), and determine future sales gap closing opportunities based on this analysis.
- Basic financial skills to monitor monthly A/R statements and to develop cost/benefit strategies
- Work with RSM to develop pricing structures and pricing strategies
- Ensure required reports are turned in timely and as necessary
- Regularly utilize Compass and Chatter to communicate business updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years alcohol beverage experience or in CPG off premise sales
- Program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision making experience
- Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory
- Keen understanding of the control system model
- Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively
- Excellent communication skills, articulate with strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills. Ability to persuade and influence.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train 25-35% of time, lift up to 45lbs on a regular basis
- Frequent travel within assigned area of business via car, 60-75% of time
- Primarily office environment but may be exposed to a warehouse/distribution environment on a frequent basis
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision
- Adaptability Communication
- Initiating Action Creativity and Innovation
- Building Productive Relationships Gaining Commitment
- Quality and Work Standard Decision Making
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
LocationSalt Lake City, Utah
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).