Clinical Pharmacist - (Pharmaceutical Research Center) at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Pharmaceutical 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin as a Clinical Pharmacist in the Pharmaceutical Research Center
Provide safe, ethical and compliant provision of clinical drug research support within UW Health’s Hospitals and Clinics.
- Creating workflow necessary to adapt clinical research trials to the UW Health clinical care environment.
- Work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to provide research subject treatment across the clinical continuum of care
- Assessment of research medication orders, unique compounding and clinical trial material dispensation
- Contribute to scholarly activity and continuous quality improvement
Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or a PharmD degree
Preferred - Completion of an ASHP Accredited Residency training program
Minimum - One year of clinical patient care and orders management experience
Preferred - Three years of institutional experience (hospital or integrated health system) or completion of an ASHP accredited residency training program
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Wisconsin Certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (new hires required to become certified within 18 months of hire date or eligibility date)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to logically organize details
- Comfortable accepting responsibility for medium to large scale projects involving multiple resources and spanning many months from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This full time, 40 hours per week, position will have shifts scheduled Monday - Friday between the hours of 7:00 am - 5:00 pm. On-call coverage will also be required. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.