Director of Finance and Grants Administration at West Virginia University
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The Clinical and Translational Science Institute at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Director of Finance and Grants Administration. This position is responsible for financial oversight related to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Clinical and Translational Research as well as the West Virginia Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (WVCTSI). In addition, the incumbent will supervise several finance and/or accounting employees. The Director of Finance and Grants Administration is responsible for financial oversight of all research activity accounts. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Manage the daily operational financial related to advancing the clinical and translational research agenda related to the AVP of Clinical and Translational Research, the WVCTSI, and the Clinical Trials Center of Excellence.
- Overseeing the planning as well as the expenditure of internally funded and externally funded (Federal, State and Industry) sponsored research programs.
- Ensuring compliance with all research policies with financial impact.
- Recommending and implementing systems and procedures to ensure optimum financial management, internal control, and timely reporting.
- Provide quarterly projections of expenditures/rate of spending.
- Provide day-to-day leadership related to post-award/financial actions.
- Providing and/or overseeing outreach and training to faculty and other constituents.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, educational leadership, or a related field; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years' experience in NIH grants management, business, or health care finance.
- Six (6) years which include supervisory or program oversight experience.
- Significant knowledge of research finance, grants and contract central finance or the equivalent, and a broad working knowledge of federal grant funding policies.
- Knowledge of relevant institutional, state, federal, and non-federal fiscal year and administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GMP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting extramurally sponsored programs.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated management experience.
- Demonstrated employee development and performance management skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines, prioritize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.