Converting Supervisor at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Come print, press and form a new career with our Lexington Dixie® team! Georgia-Pacific’s Dixie® Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Converting Supervisor opportunity to join our team at the Lexington, KY manufacturing operation. The Converting Supervisor is the front-line supervisor who is responsible for providing leadership, training and development to a group of 20-25 hourly production employees to ensure safety, product quality, and customer satisfaction with minimal spoilage, and costs. The Converting Supervisor is accountable for year-over-year value creation while building and maintaining the focus of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Reliability.
This is a night shift position required to work 7 pm to 7 am (working a two on, two off, three on, three off schedule)
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution
Lead and foster a safety culture that values risk identification and personal ownership, through a principle-based approach
Build employee commitment and ownership and hold employees accountable
- Provide coaching; team development/performance management
- Responsible to drive process and equipment modifications while ensuring safe work practices and safe work environment.
- Has responsibility for environmental compliance, internal and external customer satisfaction, organizational effectiveness through resource management, cost management and asset utilization.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated operational results with year-over-year improvement;
- Proven experience demonstrating leadership capabilities that builds and maintains effective safety culture;
- Effective written and oral communications skills at all levels throughout the organization;
- The ability to lead change, through effective resource management, communication of clear expectations, coaching and holding employees accountable in a consistent manner, effectively utilizing judgment in accordance with company policy and collective bargaining agreement;
- Proven excellence in problem solving skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willing and available to work night shift 7p-7a (two nights on, two nights off, three nights on schedule)
- 3 or more years of experience within a supervisory role with responsibility for direct reports.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Willing and able to learn various PC-based production reporting systems applications
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working twelve hour shifts within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working within a union environment
- Experience within a high speed converting or forming operation
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf