Diffusion Process Engineer, Entry Level at NXP Semiconductors
Posted in Engineering 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for identifying and reducing sources of variation, implementing zero defect processes, reducing defectivity, defining tool qualification procedures, improving tool utilization and availability, reducing cycle time, identifying and qualifying new tools, and supporting development or transfer activities.
Additional engineering responsibilities including developing and writing specifications and implementation of Six-Sigma statistical process control methods
- Entry level semiconductor fab process engineer
- Identification and reduction of process variation causes
- Reducing equipment defectivity/scrap
- Defining Out of Control Action Plans
- Improving tool reliability and availability
- Improving cost performance of processes
- Improving process monitoring and sensor capabilities
- Qualifying alternate parts
- Qualifying new tools and processes
- Developing and writing specifications
- Implementation of Six-Sigma statistical process control methods
- Participating in and/or leading cross-functional and lean activity teams
- BS in an engineering field
- Up to 2 years experience, including internships.
- Ability to generate, analyze, and interpret data
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to deal with multiple issues and shifting priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with manufacturing and process engineering to deal with these issues and priorities
- Self-motivated; able to take initiative and effectively prioritize work for self
- A strong desire to help create a positive, winning, world class working environment
- Good foundational problem solving skills with creative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking intertwined.
- Austin, TX
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.