IT - Network Engineer at USG Corporation
Posted in Information Technology 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative systems. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning building products and innovation solutions that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live and do business. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We recognize the importance of a strong IT department and are committed to investments in transformative technology projects. As a member of USG’s IT team, you’ll have an opportunity to work on a number of significant deployments. We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will drive the future of USG.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right finance professionals. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides day to day direction, technical leadership, and strategic direction for the team
- Hires, develops, and retains top talent to successfully maintain and incrementally improve the USG network
- Drives material cost reductions in network infrastructure by simplifying designs, leveraging economies of scale, and partnering with our strategic vendors.
- Builds vendor partnerships and leverages those relationships to ensure USG is receiving quality service within published SLA’s and within budget
- Oversees the maintenance, review and revision of contracts and leases for all network and telecommunications software, hardware and services.
- Administers, interprets and maintains current working knowledge of the required systems, procedures, forms and manuals as related to the assigned area of responsibility.
- Informs the team of new or updated service standards, systems, procedures, forms and manuals through staff meetings and verbal and written communications.
- Reviews and updates department documentation and policies and procedures related to the department goals and objectives.
- Consults and coordinates with various internal departments, external or business partners, providers and business entities as a representative of the areas of responsibility.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years Network engineering experience
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of scaled systems, ability to identify problem areas, uphold network quality, and drive design
- Proven ability to effectively lead and develop a team of network engineers and IT professionals
- In depth knowledge of WAN, LAN and wifi technology
- Strong knowledge of IT security requirements
- 20% travel
- Location of the position is Chicago HQ
Information Security Experience required
Experience Monitoring/Managing Cisco ASA Firewalls and Policy Management
Experience with Cisco ISE preferred
Cisco Certification Network Administration,
- Cisco Certified Network Professional, or
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert