EFDA - Certified Dental Assistant (Clackamas ) at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: CLACKAMAS, Oregon
Provide direct support to dentists, hygienists, denturists and other provider personnel in the delivery of dental care and service within a Kaiser Permanente dental office.
1. PERFORM ALL OF THE DUTIES permitted a dental assistant consistent with the individual-s training and in the presence of or under the observation of a licensed provider as referenced in State Dental Practice Act and the related Administrative Rules. These duties to include:
Place films (dental radiographs), adjust equipment preparatory to exposing films, and expose films.
2. IN SUPPORT of the practice of a dentist provider who is not an orthodontist;
3. ORGANIZE patient-s dental record consistent with established guidelines, confirm its availability and assure that it is in order and ready for provider-s use at the time care and service is to be provided.
4. GREET, INTRODUCE SELF TO, and INFORM PATIENT of general treatment to be provided and provider to be seen consistent with established Kaiser Permanente Behavioral Guidelines.
5. REVIEW HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE with patient and notify provider of reported conditions that could effect treatment.
6. PROMOTE patient-s emotional comfort by gaining rapport, instilling confidence and promoting tranquility.
7. INFORM and ANSWER patient-s and/or parent-s questions regarding care and service provided as directed by provider.
8. ANTICIPATE NEEDS of provider in the delivery of patient care and service.
9. COMMUNICATE INFORMATION important to maintaining the proper scheduling and flow of patients consistent with information recorded in the patient-s dental record.
10. PREPARE, ORGANIZE, ARRANGE and PASS DENTAL INSTRUMENTS, SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS as requested by the provider and required by established guidelines.
11. ESTABLISH and MAINTAIN a CLEAR and CLEAN OPERATING FIELD.
12. RECORD and/or VERIFY INFORMATION in the patient-s dental record according to established procedures.
13. RECORD and/or VERIFY ALL PATIENT CARE AND SERVICE RELATED INFORMATION on all necessary forms and documents consistent with established guidelines and in a manner that accurately reflects the information documented in the patient-s dental record.
14. AS REQUIRED IN SUPPORT OF DIRECT PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES, ENTER, RETRIEVE AND TRANSMIT PATIENT CARE AND SERVICE RELATED INFORMATION via the Program-s automated patient and provider scheduling system (TEAM), consistent with established guidelines and training.
15. RESPOND TO MEDICAL EMERGENCY SITUATIONS consistent with established guidelines.
16. EXPOSE and PROCESS DENTAL RADIOGRAPHS as required consistent with established guidelines and radiology equipment use specifications.
17. TAKE PATIENT-S BLOOD PRESSURE and ACCURATELY RECORD in patient-s dental record.
18. CLEAN and STERILIZE and PROCESS INSTRUMENTS consistent with established guidelines.
19. MAINTAIN CLEAN, ORDERLY, WELL ORGANIZED AND SUPPLIED WORK ENVIRONMENT, including assigned operatory, laboratory and instrument processing areas, consistent with established infection control.
20. ASSURE PROPER HANDLING OF ALL MATERIALS in accordance with Hazard Communication Program and Infection Control Guidelines.
21. ASSURE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF EQUIPMENT through the periodic completion of established preventive maintenance procedures such as cleaning and oiling, and reporting non-functioning, damaged, etc. equipment to office manager or supervisor in a timely manner.
22. PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED by the office manager or supervisory personnel that are consistent with the individual-s training and experience IN AN ACTIVE AND COOPERATIVE MANNER.
23. ACT IN CONFORMANCE with established program policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols, the Administrative Rules of the State Board of Dentistry, the State Dental Practice Act and any other laws and regulations that govern the role and responsibilities of the dental assistant and satisfactorily maintain the established qualifications for selection towards this position.
24. PERFORM THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS provided that the dentist is on the premises and the dentist checks the patient before and after the functions are performed;
o Diagnostic models,
o Counter and opposing models,
o Fabrication of temporary restorations,
o Intra-oral bite registration for study model articulation.
25. ASSIST IN MONITORING PATIENTS that are being administered nitrous oxide consistent with established guidelines.
26. Other duties appropriate for EFDA as authorized by Board of Dentistry rules and regulations.
License, Certification, Registration