Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company, with operations in 54 countries, Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: chubb.com.
The role of the Senior HSE Consultant – Fleet Safety is integral in ensuring customer satisfaction and the profitable growth of ESIS Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE). This role regularly interfaces with all levels of clients, HSE operations, Sales and Marketing, Chubb Insurance Underwriting, and broker partners. This role provides Fleet/Transportation Safety consultative services to assigned clients across the United States.
• Broad expertise in Fleet/Transportation Safety compliance, practices, problem solving and verification.
• Possesses understanding and application of risk engineering principles and techniques as it relates to Hazard/Exposure Identification, Analysis, Control, Risk Assessment and Management.
• Assists clients in the development and implementation of written HSE policies, programs and practices.
• Work as an individual consultant or as a member of a team to conduct HSE audits, assessments and inspections.
• Develop and deliver technical training.
• Conducts risk engineering surveys to assist in the underwriting process of new and renewal business. Evaluate compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Prepare technically detailed reports providing a clear assessment of risk and appropriate recommendations.
• Assist clients on implementation of Fleet Safety programs and audit recommendations.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that may include underwriters, brokers/agents, and clients.
• Performs special assignments and projects as assigned.
• Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent.
Professional Health, Safety, and Environment certification(s) are preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience.
• Languages: Fluency in English is a must; knowledge of other languages is a plus.
• Reports to AVP, Industrial Hygiene/Safety.
• Approximately 35% travel is expected.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.