Key Account Manager – Aircraft and Defense Business Group* ∞ (Indianapolis, IN) at 3M
Posted in Sales 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
3M is seeking a Key Account Manager for the Aircraft and Defense Business Group located in Indianapolis, IN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Key Account Manager will be responsible for overall sales and business development of key Original Equipment Management (OEM) within the Aircraft & Defense Market. The Key Account Manager is accountable for top line sales and strengthening the Aearo partnership at the OEM. Key responsibilities include having a global understanding of the OEMs business, working with the design centers, plants, and key functions to identify opportunities for Aearo solutions. The key account manager will also be expected to represent the customer internally and work with cross functional teams to execute customer requirements. The focus of this role is developing new business profitably and growing existing business with OEM’s and Service Centers.
Aearo Technologies LLC, “Aearo,” is a wholly owned 3M company specializing in Noise, Vibration, Harshness and Thermal management. Aearo is a full solution company, with material design (E-A-R™), modeling, verification and validation testing, application engineering and complete part/kit manufacturing operations serving the Aerospace, Defense, Industrial, Automotive, Commercial Vehicle and Electronics industries. Aearo is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drives projects, sales and commercial activities with assigned customers.
- Coordinates and directs local and international aircraft and defense materials solutions across OEM ecosystems.
- Accurately communicates customer insights and opportunities to global cross functional team.
- Lead new product introduction at OEMs with internal teams.
- Develops strong customer relations in major and potential accounts.
- Continuously updates and communicates status of programs. Facilitates effective coordination of customers needs with primary internal groups (engineering, quotations, project management, product development, customer service, quality and other support functions).
- Provides initial project pricing guidance and participates in subsequent price negotiations.
- Negotiating supply contracts and other commercial agreements with customers.
- Conduct customer product seminars and coordinate engineering seminars with major accounts and potential accounts.
- Provide detailed project based sales budgets annually and quarterly sales forecast updates per schedule and request.
- Maintain communication with customer service and sales support as necessary to meet internal/external needs.
- Exercise good expense control vs. budget.
- Provide timely reports per format, special project reports as requested, and expense reports on a timely basis.
- Provide application/product success stories.
- Use standard software from Aearo supplied computer for reports, correspondence, and customer data. Complies with all required corporate IT security policies
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in sales, engineering, or marketing of engineering solutions in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or science discipline
- Experience in the Aircraft and Defense Market
- Strong Sales Skills
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Successful track record of large multi-national account development and penetration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work independently and work under pressure.
- Must be a good team player and a person of integrity
- Experience with multi-cultural, global design teams and OEM's in the U.S.
- Understanding of thermal acoustic solutions for the Aircraft and Defense Industry
- Creation and delivery of presentations to marketing/procurement and engineering audience.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Travel: May include up to 30% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.