Environmental Services Manager at MartinMariettaMaterials
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Raleigh, North CarolinaJob Description:
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
We are seeking an Environmental Services Manager to provide leadership, guidance and technical support for the company's operations nationwide. Reporting to the Director of Environmental Services, this position will implement company environmental management programs and procedures necessary to ensure that proper permits are obtained and maintained, including managing associated documents in support of permitting responsibilities and/or reporting requirements.
- Communicates applicable environmental regulations and permit conditions to local environmental staff by providing guidance and expertise to ensure full compliance with all Local, State and Federal regulations.
- Conducts annual internal environmental audits to ensure corporate policies and all environmental regulations are being followed.
- Oversee the company's Compliance Management System which involves tracking discoveries, managing databases and generating reports.
- Provides internal training and support to ensure all activities within the team are performed in accordance with the Company's Mission, Vision, and Values, and in compliance with the Company's policies, procedures, and Code of Ethical Business Conduct.
- BS in Environmental, Civil, Mining, or other science related degree, or possess an equivalent experience level in the heavy building materials, construction or aggregates industries.
- Professional credentials or registration are not required but preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental permitting and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in Air Quality, NPDES, and mine planning/permitting and a working knowledge of applicable EPA environmental regulations.
- The ability to review detailed government regulations in order to determine applicability.
- Experience with remediation projects, waste disposal practices and sustainability efforts.
- Familiarity of Federal and State regulations related to the aggregates industry, such as, The Clean Water Act, The Clean Air Act, The Oil Pollution Act and Section 401/404 permitting requirements.
- Knowledge of SPCC & SWPPP requirements.
- Knowledge of the various NSPS and NESHAP regulations pertaining to aggregates, ready mix and hot-mix asphalt plants.
- The ability to manage and oversee multiple projects at one time.
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and mine planning software.
- Excellent communication skills and a self-starter with the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Possess a strong customer service and team focus.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between the company and the regulatory community during on-site inspections and/or industry meetings.
- Willing to travel as job requires, anticipated to be 25%.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Salary Continuation - Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program - for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.