Loader Operator/Utility Maintenance at MartinMariettaMaterials
Posted in Construction 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Doswell, VirginiaJob Description:
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Job Description: This position will require employees to operate a loader to feed a portable crushing plant. Eventually this position will transition into a plant maintenance position to work with the plant maintenance team to provide maintenance, repair, or installation services for plants.
- Operates loader safely to load product into a portable crushing plant.
- Grease and fuel the loader daily.
- Perform daily safety inspection - lights, horns, alarms, seatbelt, mirrors, fire extinguisher, tire pressure, steering linkage, etc.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance inspection - oil, grease, diesel fuel, hoses for leaks and all moving parts for proper function, etc.
- Record and submit daily production, maintenance, and repair activities associated with the loader.
- Complete decision based safety paperwork (SLAM's, Observations, Near Miss)
- Report any safety, environmental, to maintenance concern to coworkers and management.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of lockout/tag-out procedure required during certain procedures
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures, wear PPE and promote a 24/7 Safe Culture
- Provide support with maintenance on the portable plant as needed
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, following specifications, blue prints and manuals
- Performs daily inspection of machinery and equipment at the plant
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunctions
- Communicates timely and effectively with Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to keep them informed about major problems.
- Performs data entry on all services performed
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on service vehicle to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed
- Services pumps/motors as needed
- Repairs/replaces wear items as required
- Perform welding, repair and fabrication
- Virginia Division of Mineral Mining Certified - General Mineral Miners Card preferred.
- MSHA training/experience preferred
- A valid Driver's License without restrictions required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Must hold safety as a core value and able to make to make safety a priority in the workplace
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and from elevated areas
- Work well with your hands - using power tools, hand tools, and mobile equipment to complete tasks
- Able to read and understand operators' manuals and instructions
- Able to recognize and address hazards and problems in their work area
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident - Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program - for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.