Sr. Trade Compliance & Logistics Specialist at Hypertherm
Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Hanover, New HampshireJob Description:
Hypertherm's mission is simple. To provide customers with the world's leading industrial cutting solutions, to promote the well-being and development of our Associates, and to enrich our communities and environment. How we accomplish this mission is what makes us unique.
A 100% Associate-owned company, Hypertherm is based out of Hanover, New Hampshire. Excellence in technology innovation, environmental stewardship, and shared ownership are just a few of our core values that have helped create a culture making us one of the best companies to work for in New Hampshire.
We are looking for a Sr. Trade Compliance & Logistics Specialist to join our Distribution Team.
In this new role, you'll help support Hypertherm's Global Trade Program to ensure the importing and exporting activities comply with governmental laws and regulations. As the knowledge expert, you will provide support related to HS code classification, Free Trade Agreement analysis and determination of eligibility, conduct denied party screening.
Other essential functions within the role include but may not be limited to:
- Determine appropriate HTS classification and ECCN classification
- Conduct Denied party screening
- Conduct trade compliance training for Hypertherm, Associates
- Provide day-to-day support preparing export documents
- Provides advice and guidance on the application and implementation of U.S. Export/Import regulations
To be considered, you should have and be able to articulate the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline and 7+ years in Export/Import Trade Compliance or an Associate's Degree with 10+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of the U.S. HTS codes, its General Notes and Rules of interpretation along with the U.S. Customs Rulings
- Be an Expert Resource in HS code classification
- Have a high-level of technical competence related to Free Trade Agreements.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Customs Ace Secure Data Portal
- Demonstrated understanding of both Domestic and International Logistics requirements and procedures
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
Additional experience that will make you stand out:
- Prior leadership experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Oracle Management module and management of export data (HS codes, ECCN #s, Country of Origin) within Oracle
- Knowledge and experience with trade compliance software related to denied parties screening
Hypertherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our company. We give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.