Software Developer - Controls at Hypertherm
Posted in Manufacturing 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Lebanon, New HampshireJob Description:
At Hypertherm, we give shape to our customers' vision with the world's leading industrial cutting solutions. Whether it's cutting precision parts in North America, constructing a pipeline in Norway, fabricating agricultural machinery in Brazil, gouging out welds in the mines of South Africa, or building a skyscraper in China, they can count on Hypertherm to support their industrial cutting needs. We also are not just employees: we are owners, 100% associate-owners. If after viewing this video, you exclaim what a great company, we welcome the opportunity to connect with you.
Hypertherm's Software Developers continue to improve our cutting solutions by enhancing our line of CNC products and the capabilities and advantages it provides to our customers. Our CAD/CAM software helps manufacturers increase material savings, boost productivity, lower operating costs and improve part quality by offering the highest level of experience while cutting with plasma, laser, waterjet and oxyfuel applications.
With 50 years of experience and close to 500 global patents, Hypertherm dedicates more resources to industrial cutting research, development, and testing than any other manufacturer in the world. We have always taken a leadership role, and innovation remains a cornerstone of our business.
Sound interesting? Be a part of the future of industrial cutting optimization!
To be considered, you should be able to speak your experience with the following:
- B.S. Degree with a deep background and interest in one of the following areas; Applied and Computational Mathematics, Computer Science, and/or Computer Engineering
- Enjoy working with other people in engineering and non-engineering fields to understand and resolve problems. Striving to understand customer need throughout the product design process.
- Experience designing or contributing to embedded systems that control multiple axes of coordinated or interpolated motion
- Experience developing or adding to systems using Windows and real-time operating systems
- Experience using Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development (TDD, BDD) to develop high quality, valuable software
- Embedded Software (C, C++, Assembly)
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- CNC/PLC design and programming
- Applied mathematics and kinematics of multi-axis motion control or robotics systems
- Linear and non-linear equations, orthogonal functions, calculus or variations, and computational and differential geometry
With the above, these additional skills would be great:
- General Programming (C#, Ruby, Python, Java, Others)
- Testing frameworks (RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara, Selenium, n/j/xUnit)
- Revision Control (Git)
- CI, Build Automation Tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo)
- Ability to excel in a collaborative Scrum/Agile environment using Agile software development practices and resources (Bitbucket, Sourcetree, Jira, Git Flow, Pull Requests)
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire (relocation assistance is available)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.