Dairy Sales Specialist- Purina Animal Nutrition at Land O'Lakes
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
We are a fast-growing, farmer-owned agriculture and food cooperative working to overcome the world's greatest food challenges. Our unique farm-to-fork business model works across crop inputs and insights, animal nutrition, dairy foods and sustainability to get high quality food to those who need it. Land O'Lakes provides opportunities to build a career in a vibrant industry that allows you to play a critical role in delivering on this, and by working together to advance humanity and to help communities around the world.
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc.
This position is responsible for assisting Southern Virginia and Eastern North Carolina dairy producers to improve production and profits, to meet and exceed their goals. You will do this through nutritional and management counsel utilizing our feed programs and expertise. The life stage focus will be Adult Cow, Heifers, and Calves to help producers meet and exceed their goals. The metric for success will be growth of market share in Purina Products and programs with special emphasis on value added technologies.
Dairy Specialist key responsibilities are:
- Monitor and document production and profitability improvements for dairy producers implementing program and product recommendations. Ensure the documentation is reviewed with the producer.
- Volume maintenance and growth of assigned dairy accounts, through regular service calls. This is done through collaboration with Purina Support teams (plant, transportation, credit, and customer service), to provide best solutions to meet on farm needs.
- Profitably increase the sales volume and market share of feed and associated products to dairy producers in this targeted market area by providing a high level of technical service to direct dairy customers and prospects.
- Provide tracking reports (Sales Force/CRM) on marketing and service activities as management requires, to maintain up to date and accurate client history records.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and competency in dairy nutrition, dairy production management, young animal nutrition and selling skills through recommended training and verified by documented sales results.
- Training and presentation to medium and small groups to enhance dairy management skills
- Dairy Ration expertise in using Purina’s Herd Smart Ration balancing software
- BS degree in related field required; MS, PhD, DVM degrees helpful but not required
- Experience in Dairy production required; calf and heifer experience strongly desired
- Previous sales experience strongly desired
- Requires daily travel in Southern Virginia and Eastern North Carolina; some overnight travel required
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lb. bags of feed as needed
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Successful candidate should be competent to have basic command of animal nutrition and management recommendations in the market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, focus, along with strong organization and time management skills.
- Success in this position requires cold calling, high internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, public speaking aptitude, and leadership in a team environment.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of animal husbandry, current management practices, and nutritional guidelines.
- Proficient in speaking and translating Spanish
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.