Endoscopy Technician at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin.
We are seeking an Endoscopy Technician to:
- Assist physicians or other providers with procedures performed in the gastroenterology endoscopy setting
- Prepare and position patients for procedures, assisting providers during endoscopy, including biopsy specimen collection, polypectomy and ball on dilation
- Restocking of procedure room supplies and monitoring of supply PAR levels
- Troubleshooting of all specialty equipment
- Adherence to strict infection control practices and use of personal protective equipment
Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred - Formal training or experience in medical specialty (i.e. LPN, MA, Advanced Nursing Assistant).
Preferred - One (1) year experience assisting in GI or pulmonary medical procedures (i.e. flexible sigmoidoscopy, sterile technique, enema instillation). Basic cardiac monitoring experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - CPR certification
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to work with solutions/chemicals for cleaning and disinfecting instruments and accessories.
- 90% FTE, 36 hours per week.
- Day, Monday through Friday
- No weekends, holidays or on-call
- Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.