Supervisor Full Time, Levis Retail, Bucktown, Chicago, IL at Levi Strauss & Co.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Supervisor Job Description
We believe that clothes - and how you make them - can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been obsessed with innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values.
We employ more than 17,000 people around the world - supporting great brands, including Levi's®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you're looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
We are looking for a Store Supervisor who will bring innovation, creativity and spunk to our team. It is important to us this person has the energy and desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand's past. This person is also someone who is capable of driving success even with a wide range of diverse responsibilities anywhere between bee keeping and wizard training. Ideally this person is someone who can twirl flaming batons with their eyes closed, while hopping on a pogo stick, without neglecting style. If you are this person we would love to get to know you and we can certainly assure you that your talents will never be overlooked.
Supports Store Management in attaining Levi's® Store Iconic status by contributing to the successful implementation of strategies and operational excellence that ensure brand equity, customer satisfaction and financial growth. The supervisor is responsible for Stylist duties as well assuming responsibility for the store in the absence of a manager. The Supervisor relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Contributes to stores financial growth through driving sales, managing expenses and implementing plans for increased profitability.
- Is accountable for ensuring all operational standards are achieved.
- Assists in the training and retention of a store staff that model LS&CO selling practices, deliver authentic customer service and meet sales goals.
- Executes flawless store visual presentation by maintaining visual and store housekeeping standards.
- Drives profitable sales by meeting or exceeding established sales and performance goals.
- Models customer service behaviors and ensures that others are trained on and exhibiting those behaviors in order to deliver on KPI goals (Conversion, Units Per Transaction and Sales Per Hour).
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and trains others to do the same.
- Contributes to expense control by managing controllable expenses and following all loss prevention programs.
- Assists in executing floor changes, sales and promotional events timely and effectively for maximum financial results.
- Participates in training process for new hires on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, selling practices and other associate responsibilities.
- Identifies developmental opportunities in staff and partners with management to accomplish improvements.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent.
- Informs management of employee relations issues that need to be addressed.
- Supervises store team in the absence of another member of management.
- Performs operational procedures to support efficient store operation and drive sales.
- Ensures required store tasks are completed timely and effectively by personally contributing and giving direction to other team members when necessary.
- Assists in ensuring sound inventory management through following established receiving and sending merchandise process, completing all required paperwork and following all price change and ticketing procedures.
- Participates in physical inventory preparation and counts.
- Prevents loss by following established policies and procedures, educating others on the same.
- Provides operational and loss prevention training as necessary
- Executes store visual standards in accordance with visual merchandising direction, resulting in flawless product presentation and housekeeping standards.
- Makes recommendations about visual merchandising direction based on the lay out and needs of the store.
- Maintains appropriate levels of product on the sales floor by contributing to and ensuring floor replenishment.
-Lead merchandising team to reliably accomplish productivity goals and completion of RFID-enabled inventory management processes by operating the company tools and resources
-Hold merchandising team accountable to RFID-enabled inventory management processes, effectively leading the team through change, ensuring adherence to best practices, and actively coaching the team for maximum productivity.
- Creates a high energy, compelling store experience for customers by engaging customers and modeling appropriate customer service behaviors to other associates.
- Models behaviors and holds self and the team accountable to the LS&CO sales standards of "Connect, Consult and Close."
- Participates in training associates on product knowledge to make them product experts who can effectively serve customer's needs.
Education and/or Experience
- 1+ years of experience and a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- While performing the duties of the job the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear, and use hands to type. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening and weekend shifts.
Exhibits the following characteristics:
- Leads through change
- Provides clear direction
- Coaches for improvement
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
LOCATION 1552 North Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL, 60622 FULL TIME/PART TIME Full time