Desktop Support Analyst at Metabolon
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Desktop Support Analyst
JOB CODE 1820
DURHAM, NC, USA Metabolon is the world leader in big data biochemistry. Our unique metabolomics platform is driving advances in precision medicine, biomarker discovery, diagnostic testing, and genome-based health initiatives. We are looking for an experienced entry to mid-level Desktop Support Analyst to help support our growing staff. We need someone who is customer focused, has a broad range of skills/abilities. The candidate will be a member of the infrastructure team, with responsibilities for supporting users, desktop/laptops and laboratory equipment in a regulated environment.
- Act as the main POC for all tickets/requests
- Answer staff questions in person, email and via phone on all company supported applications
- Conduct troubleshooting, run diagnostic programs and provide resolution of computer problems
- Monitor and take ownership of appropriate customer trouble tickets, analyze and take corrective action
- Advise staff on appropriate action and walk customer through problem-solving process
- Serve as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues
- Document resolutions for future reference
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, peripherals and software.
- Create end-user documentation and provides computer orientation to new staff
- Provide on-the-job training to new staff members
- Demonstrated ability to perform all of the responsibilities above
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
- Experience supporting end users
- Experience working with ticketing systems and applicable desktop support tools
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills. Ability to author training guides and process documentation.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- 1-3+ years Help Desk/Desktop Support experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows 7/10 and MS Office 2013/2016; Office 365.
- Advanced knowledge of End-User hardware ( preferably Dell ) and peripherals.
- Experience working with smart phones ( preferably Apple ).
- Experience working in and/or supporting a laboratory environment ( preferable )
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.