Senior Software Developer in Test (Proprietary Software Development) at Metabolon
Posted in General Business 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Senior Software Developer in Test (Proprietary Software Development)
JOB CODE 1818
DURHAM, NC, USA Updated - April 18, 2018
We are looking to make multiple hires throughout this year to extend our proprietary software platform to help support global scaling. We need top-notch developers who want to join our team to help us build data-centric applications to support our international lab partners, further our science (over 150 patents), and work with innovative data science/machine learning applications.
Provide your Github account so that we learn about you. We like candidates who enjoy data centric projects and active contributors, inidividuals who are proud of their code. The hiring bar is high as the software is the IP that drives the business. We expect our developers to write software that not only meets the customer requirements but exceeds and anticipates future needs of the business.
Almost every factor affecting health -- from genetics and the microbiome to disease and lifestyle -- exerts its influence by altering metabolite levels. By producing the most accurate, comprehensive picture of the metabolome, Metabolon provides actionable insights to answer some of biology's most difficult questions for researchers and clinicians.
Metabolon is the world's leading health technology company advancing metabolomics for precision medicine and all areas of life sciences research. Our Precision Metabolomics™ is a powerful, patented technology for assessing health and delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, and valuable data in genomics and population health initiatives. Metabolon's expertise is also accelerating R&D across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
As a world leader in big data biochemistry our software team develops cutting-edge laboratory and data analysis pipelines, all with the goal of helping decode how metabolism and life work.
The software development team has doubled in size in the last year to support global expansion efforts. We are looking for exceptional self-starters who take pride in utilizing best practices to build scalable, maintainable software to provide our customers with the best user experience. We look for talented software engineers who believe in our mission, find meaning to the work that we do, and hold themselves accountable for deadlines and high-quality deliverables.
What we expect from you?
· You are a technical visionary and natural mentor that leads by example.
· You thrive on applying industry best practices to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain scalable client facing software working in a professional software engineering environment.
· Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of team members and stakeholders, which may include customers.
· You are adaptable to change and see complex problems and process improvements as the opportunity to do something innovative.
· You like to experiment with new technologies because you get excited about the possibilities of change that it can bring and can't wait to share with others to get their feedback.
· You are dependable and pride yourself on managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· You are driven by team deliverables and, by nature, enjoy collaboration on issues ranging from scalability, design, release framework, and process to deliver high-quality results.
What you can expect from us?
· A culture of transparency, sharing, and mentoring
· Lead the test automation framework from end to end
· Develop Test Automation and performance frameworks from an end to end perspective including front end, middle tier services and back end databases.
· Code Test Automation Scripts using programming in Selenium, Java, SoapUI and other test automation tools.
· Lead SQA team through Test-driven development process
· Lead development of Continuous Delivery automation solutions for each product/project
· Review code developed by other QA engineers.
· Follow engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other team members
Education and Training Requirements
· 5-7 years' experience in a Quality Assurance role with 3-5 years of experience (minimum) in Microsoft Technologies is desired
· An undergraduate degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university
· Experience working with DevOps team with continuous integration and delivery practices.
· Experience with SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, C# and .NET is preferred
· Demonstrated skill in testing enterprise distributed systems is strongly desired
· Fully understands the Software Development Life Cycle
· Experience writing test plans and test scripts
· Understanding and experience with different software testing methodologies
· Experience testing windows software applications/database applications produced using Microsoft Visual Studio tools
· Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues required
· Demonstrated skill using code repositories, such as Microsoft TFS, GIT, SVN, etc
· Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Nominal relocation assistance can be provided (position is based in Durham NC)
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.