Business Intelligence Analyst - West Lafayette - IT Enterprise Business Relationship Mgmt. at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for expertise in the operations, training and support of enterprise business intelligence (BI) solutions. Works closely with end users, business partners, and technical teams to gather requirements and provide solutions to business problems. Leads and mentors end users, business partners, other business analysts, and technical staff on report/dashboard development techniques and best practices. Delivers instruction and instructional materials. Ensures data quality in the BI environment. Provide critical thinking and problem solving skills to assist in delivering successful BI solutions. Focuses on the removal of barriers to BI adoption. Proactively identifies, builds, and maintains relationships with business process owners and colleagues. Produces quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, business or related field.
- Two years of experience with business intelligence solutions, reporting, and support. of data warehouse development, implementation, and maintenance.
- In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Proven expertise on business intelligence tools.
- Proven track record of gathering requirements and resolving customer issues in business intelligence environments.
- Sound understanding and foundation of relational and dimensional modeling, operational data store, enterprise data warehouse technologies.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to interact with business partners across different levels of the organization.
- Ability to design, create and deliver training, stand-alone or instructor-led.
- Ability to adapt instructional content and delivery methods for different levels or types of learners.
- Assist with individual or group instruction, self-study, demonstrations, and learning lab support.
- Assess learning, course content and support needs of BI users.
- Ability to perform successfully within a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Excellent technical, communication and interpersonal skills; both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid ability to understand, analyze, and solve problems.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through to a satisfactory resolution of an issue.
- Ability to work independently with a customer service focus.
- Ability to provide support across the BI community and remove barriers to BI adoption.
- A valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- Experience with Cognos and/or Tableau software in support of Purdue's BI Community.
- Experience with Banner and/or SAP ERP data warehouse environments.
- Experience with delivering training and information through a WEB interface.
- Experience with business intelligence in higher education.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.