Electrical Engineering Functional Lead - Applied Research at Bose Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
At Bose, we've spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people - in their homes, in cars, planes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. Our legendary QuietComfort® noise cancelling headphones, SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth speaker, or Wave® music system are just a few examples of delightful audio experiences. Bose relies on exceptional people to create those technology based experiences and deliver them to our customers.
Bose Corporation is seeking a talented Electrical Engineering Functional Lead to join the Applied Research team in its Consumer Electronics Division. As a hands-on working manager, you'll join a passionate team with a history of creating innovative technologies. With your vision, leadership and technical guidance, you will help create innovative experience-enabling technologies and prepare them for deployment into the next generation of industry-leading consumer electronics products. A successful candidate for this role will have strong leadership skills, solid engineering fundamentals, and a strong desire to learn.
1) People management - Coach and mentor a small team of talented electrical engineers, fostering a culture collaboration and teamwork on cross-functional projects. Provide growth and development opportunities for all.
2) Hands-on functional area leadership - Lead the team in all aspects of electrical engineering, with a focus on technology advancement, experience refinement, and prototyping. As a project team member, directly contribute to the development of new technologies that extend and protect our product performance in strategic areas. Foster functional excellence and drive continuous improvement in tools and processes.
3) Communication and coordination -Advocate for new technologies and help the broader CE division understand the potential benefits. Facilitate collaborations to ensure the smooth flow of new ideas through Applied Research and into product development. Coordinate on priorities and staffing for cross-functional projects. Foster collaboration with other groups at Bose, to share technologies and best practices.
4) External suppliers and capabilities - Monitor key supplier roadmaps and represent future needs. Sponsor activities to identify, evaluate and integrate value-added 3rd-party technology into our products.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Excellent people manager, with demonstrated success in helping engineers at all levels, achieve their full potential.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships within teams, across functions, and with outside partners.
• Engineering background and experience: You'll need strong fundamentals, and to have demonstrated success with:
o Electrical analog/digital/system hardware design fundamentals, including single, multi-processor systems, and FPGA's.
o Sensor evaluation, integration and bring up including GPS, cap-sense, IMU, IR sensors, cameras.
o Experience with inter-device communication protocols such as USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, WiFi, I2C, I2S, TDM, SPI, MIPI.
o System architecture experience.
o Working with outside technology partners.
o Converting concepts into technical requirements and the associated system level tradeoffs.
o Experience with audio, DSP, and wireless (WiFi, BT, LTE) systems.
o Experience in creating code for embedded devices and Verilog or VHDL for FPGA's.
• Spinning, building, and bringing up prototype PCB's.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to concisely explain complex issues to non-experts.
• Experience in the application of mixed-signal circuits.
• Experience in the application of power management for small and medium sized designs.
• Understanding of RF systems.
• Platforming for consumer electronics.
• BS in Engineering required, MS in Engineering preferred.
• At least 5 years of technical management experience.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.