Extension Educator, Community Development - Tippecanoe County, Lafayette, IN - Field Extension Educators at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Major CD Focus Areas:
The Purdue Extension Community Development (CD) Educator plays a vital in delivering a mix of educational programs that are customized to meet the critical needs of communities and neighborhoods in Tippecanoe County. The core areas of focus may include a combination one or more of the following: (1) strengthening the civic vitality of communities/neighborhood by improving their leadership and public engagement skills or local residents and organizations; (2) enhancing the capacity of local people and community-minded organizations to work together to address key issues and opportunities through strategic planning, grant-writing, and improved facilitation skill building; (3) advancing the economic opportunities in communities and/or neighborhoods by building on their local economic assets, such as entrepreneurship and business retention/expansion; (4) delivering information and educational programs to elected and appointed local government officials on important policy topics; and (5) expanding the quality of life amenities of communities/neighborhoods through the improvement of public spaces, community health/well-being, and access to locally-sourced foods.
* Check out our webpage: https://extension.purdue.edu
Critical Elements of Program Planning:
Aside from having training and/or experience in one or more of these key CD subject matter areas, the Extension CD educator is expected to undertake the following activities that are crucial to securing local support for their programs: (1) Program Planning : undertake ongoing needs and opportunity assessments by tapping a variety of primary and secondary data resources; (2) Local Advisory Committee : develop/maintain an active CD Advisory Committee to provide support and guidance to the CD program; (3) Link to Purdue Campus-based Expertise : Work closely with campus-based CD administrators and specialists in the development and adaptation of curricula and related educational materials of importance to the county; (4) Program Impacts : Develop a strong set of metrics to track the impact of the CD programs being delivered on the people and communities/neighborhoods being served.
Special Area of Attention:
One of the critical aspects of this position is to strengthen the inclusion of all relevant stakeholders, with special efforts to reach those historically underserved by Extension. Given the demographic and economic diversity of communities and neighborhoods in Tippecanoe County, the Extension CD educator is expected to take a proactive role connecting to, and engaging with, diverse audiences and stakeholders, including immigrant populations.
- Master's degree.
- Academic training and/or professional experience relevant to position responsibilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, including prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and skill with computer technology in preparing and making reports, presentations, data analysis and retrieval, email and internet applications.
- Knowledge of basic educational methods and the ability to effectively communicate/teach program specific material.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong communication, leadership, mentoring, teamwork and group process skills.
- Flexibility and creativity in the workplace.
- A valid driver's license is required for all Extension Educator positions.
- A background check and MVR check is required for employment in this position.
- Travel using personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement provided) and evening and weekend work is an integral part of this position.
- Please attach the names and email addresses of at least three (3) references. As the application review process moves forward, an e-Reference form may be sent to the references for completion.
- Please attach all undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Official copies may be requested as the application review process moves forward.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.