Provide secretarial support to the dept. head and to function as the department coordinator of marketing and social outreach.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Three years of clerical office experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated individual who will take the initiative to solve problems, assume responsibility and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle interruptions, balance multiple and varied tasks
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to efficiently multi task, prioritize work with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative, thorough and professional able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to learn University software applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some completed College coursework
- Experience developing promotional materials for the department
- Website management skills to include posting of information, formatting and branding of communications
- Software: Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Illustrator
- Attached resume document required.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.