DevOps Engineer at Activision Publishing, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the worldʹs most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the companyʹs website, www.activisionblizzard.com
As a DevOps Engineer you will work within the network engineering team to drive the way we deploy, secure and monitor applications, services and the enterprise network. In addition to hands-on systems engineering, you will work with all stakeholders to help define and support network infrastructure services on the ATVI network. You will assist in the ongoing improvement of continuous integration tools, environment provisioning and automation workflows. You will ensure that we have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all our applications across our mix of physical servers, private cloud and public cloud.
- Architecting new design by leveraging automation tools or software to help maintain and support critical elements of the ATVI network
- Part of ATVI Architectural design team, providing input on best practices and security design for DevOps environment within ATVI Enterprise network
Proactively analyze and contribute improvements to ATVI Network Infrastructure services including;
- DNS and Load balancing environments
- Password Management Vault
- Network Security Systems
- Network Monitoring and logging systems
- Authentication and network access control
- SSL certificate administration
- Cloud Design (AWS)
- Automation and GIT systems
- High Speed Transfer services
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure
- Help to enhance and configure our emerging, automated deployment pipeline.
- Investigate and contribute to solving various issues in production environments.
- Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
- Build a strong relationship with the network team to understand the network, its dependencies and the infrastructure on which it runs
- Help the network team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging and production environments
- Work with the network team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management and release management
- 5+ years professional experience, minimum two years of experience designing and deploying DevOps infrastructure in an IT enterprise environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Visio for network diagramming and documentation
- Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work; strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
Must have knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- Radius / Tacacs+ and SAML authentication
- Privileged Account Management systems
- DNS architecture, DHCP and RPZs
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Architecture
- Logging and monitoring systems
- SSL Certificate administration with CA such as DigiCert and Akamai
Nice to have knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- Shell scripting
- Virtual Machine hosting platforms
- Automation and SDN
- Firewalls and policy experience
- High volume Transfer systems using UDP protocol
- Versioning systems
- SNMP monitoring and reporting
- Load balancing F5 LTM, GTM and AFM
- Global juniper Switch management
- Juniper Network LAN/WAN Technologies switches and firewalls.
- Unix and Linux systems
- Windows workstation and server systems
- Web Application Firewalls
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.