Jr. Commercial Sales Account Executive at Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Columbia, South Carolina
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Territory Suppression Systems Leader to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of the Suppression Systems service offerings to various customers and end users within assigned territory and accounts.
How you will do it
- The Commercial Sales Account Executive, Service, is responsible for securing profitable service sales to existing and discontinued Johnson Controls Commercial customers and for renewals of existing contracts. This rep will also have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as that of our services.
- Adhere to current Johnson Controls policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
- Execute a customer-focused strategy that will lead to greater retention of current customer contracts, higher revenue per customer and greater customer satisfaction
- Sell additional products and services to existing accounts, including new lines of business, new services as add-ons to existing lines of business, upsells at contract renewal and cross-sells
- Sell add-ons, amend, and convert existing customer systems to meet the customers' expectations
- Renew existing customer agreements.
- Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics, and consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
- Follow up with prospects.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research.
- Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
- Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
- Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
What we look for
- High School graduate
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, with a demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Professional communication skills, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Johnson Controls organizations
- Action Oriented, drive for results, interpersonal savvy
- Customer Focus Functional/Technical skills, ability to problem solve
- BA Degree
- Three (3) years of B2B sales experience
- Security/Fire Safety industry experience
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.