HR Assistant at United States Bakery
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Nampa, IdahoJob Description:
United States Bakery
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. US Bakery requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
OverviewRequisition Number: 6976
Date Posted: 5/14/2018
Address: 914 Park Centre Wy
Category: Human Resources & Safety
SUMMARY: Performs Human Resources administrative duties as described below. Part-time position approximately 18 hours per week.
Reports to: HR Manager
- Assists in sourcing potential candidates for openings using recruiting tools and job fairs.
- Using Applicant Tracking System, works with hiring managers in setting up job postings, reviewing and screening potential candidates. Conducts phone screens and schedules interviews. Assists HR Manager in preparation of offers.
- Conducts background and reference checks.
- Completes unemployment separation statements, verification of employment, benefit and union enrollment forms, and requests Motor Vehicle records.
- Prepares new employee files and maintains existing HR/DOT files throughout employment.
- Utilizes the HRMS system to manage employee changes.
- Coordinates and conducts new employee orientation.
- Assists with required training, including preparation, review, distribution and tracking of training materials.
- Communicates with the public, employees and management in a professional manner both orally and in written correspondence. Ability to speak in front of employee groups and with outside visitors
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to: filing, scanning, copying, faxing, and assembling reports.
- Acts as a resource for employees who have questions and/or concerns about policies, procedures and compliance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Associates or college degree preferred.
- 2 years directly related experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with confidential issues.
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and an HR software/ applicant tracking system(s) such as Kronos preferred.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, strong prioritization skills, and must be able to work independently.
- Ability to analyze, accumulate and compile data.
- Ability to asses critical situations reporting unusual situations or errors to HR Management immediately.
- Ability to work with and communicate with employees, managers, and outside departments company wide.
- Able to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority and time sensitive projects.