PT IE Supervisor at UPS
Posted in Transportation 12 days ago.
Location: Hartford, ConnecticutJob Description:
The Engineering Supervisor will work with the operations. Planning, develop, implement, and deploy approved operational processes and best practices consistently throughout the company. He/She will participate in process improvement projects as well as assist with creating standards for work measurement applications. This position will assist the I.E. department in special reengineering or new projects, as necessary. The Engineering Supervisor will take a role in hub operational planning, special sort planning, integrated business planning, conduct training, reporting and auditing.
- Communicates Plans and Results to Hub and Feeder Operations
- Develops Long Range Plans.
- Analyzes current operating plan to determine opportunities for improving the operations process and workflow.
- Develops Work Measurement to optimize operating plan.
- Develops solutions to operational issues and provides recommendations to improve operations.
- Works with operations management team to implement changes in the operations to reach desired cost reduction and service improvements.
- Conduct operations forecasting for staffing, assets, and facility need to ensure ability to meet service commitment.
- Maintains self-development, communications, and reporting.
- Identifies issues that require training or re-training to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Provides training to management for implementation of new procedures, processes, services, and technology to maintain operational effectiveness.
- A Degree or pursuing degree:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Access, SQL, Databases
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent composition and creative writing skills
- Knowledge of UPS processes, procedures, and methods
- Strong Analytical skills with the ability to work in a team environment with both hourly and management employees
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Capable of working with operators to solve production and service issues