HC Compliance QA Specialist (Backfill) at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Malden, MassachusettsJob Description:
Are you looking to build your career in the healthcare industry? UPS is seeking a Healthcare Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to maintain the Quality system for assigned distribution center/projects. He/she communicates policy and objectives and ensures prescribed objectives are met. The QA Specialist also assists with internal audits and validation of the Quality system and processes, assesses risk and compliance implications of clients' products and pending business opportunities, documents procedures and works with regulatory agencies to correctly apply rules and regulations.
In addition to preparing training materials and supporting the writing and revision of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions, the QA Specialist follows up on product releases to verify that client-specific procedures are being followed. He/she also attends operations meetings with the Quality team to understand clients' businesses.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures team is adequately trained on corporate and client-specific procedures
- Generates, reviews and approves documentation and reports to support client products
- Conducts policy and procedure reviews with clients to determine specialized requirements
- Prepares and distributes internal audit reports and findings to track and trend audit results; initiates corrective and preventative action
- Assists in coordinating document and data control (e.g., numbering, version control, controlled copies, etc.)
- Ensures team has successfully completed Good Manufacturing Practices training
- Supervises the hold/release process to ensure appropriate product releases
- Assists in interpreting regulations and procedures for clients to facilitate compliance
- Conducts random accuracy checks of inbound receipt put-aways
- Supports implementation of training programs and materials
Knowledge and Skills
- Documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; maintains organized files
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the functions, regulations and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety
- Communicates quality assurance methodology and explains desired outcomes of testing; identifies steps in project lifecycle
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely
- Associate’s Degree in Science – Preferred