Counsel, Telecheck at First Data Corporation
Posted in Legal 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
- First Data, a client-focused leading provider of commerce technology solutions, is seeking a lawyer to support its fast-paced TeleCheck business, which provides industry-leading check acceptance and processing, ACH payments, and risk analytics solutions to merchants, financial institutions and government agencies.
- This lawyer will be part of a collegial and collaborative legal team that works closely with First Data sales, product and compliance personnel to help our clients grow their businesses.
- Key responsibilities include advising the business about legal and business risks, interpreting applicable laws and regulations, and drafting and negotiating agreements with various partners and clients.
- Provides legal counsel to company management and other clients as a legal expert in a specialty field or as a broad, seasoned expert in general business law, under general guidance from more senior attorney(s) as appropriate
- This position will be located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Juris Doctor degree required
- 6-8+ years experience in corporate or law firm environment with heavy experience in related legal specialty area or general business law, including drafting and review of complex contracts or licenses and other legal documents.
- Transactional experience preferred
- Experience in financial services or payments industry is preferred
- Knowledge of FCRA, FDCPA, NACHA rules, and Reg E or previous legal experience in is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated client service skills, ability to manage multiple projects and effective business counseling and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to effectively write clearly and in “Plain English
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to interact with other lawyers and business professionals, including senior management
- Intellectual curiosity to learn a complicated and evolving business in a fast paced and increasingly regulated industry
- Strong leadership skills, executive presence, and advocacy skills
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems real-time in a creative and flexible manner
- Strong ability to analyze legal and business risks and communicate that analysis in business (rather than legal) style and language
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.