Clinical Sales Specialst at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
This position will require a dual role of the successful candidate
- Manage all aspects of business for a specified list of Key Clinical Accounts for the Southeast region.
- Provide Clinical support, as an overlay function, to the local account managers
All About You
• Write and execute strategic business plan to exceed revenue targets by growing current base, attracting new customers with a focus on early innovator labs, and leveraging awareness through professional consortia.
• Develop high-value, long-term profitable customer accounts through relationship building sales techniques.
• Identify and manage high-caliber sales opportunities through professional screening processes and use of all available information resources.
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects including personnel and responsibilities, budgeting, internal politics, products and services, competition and market.
• Prepare and present compelling customer sales presentations and participate in all sales activities and assist with general customer demonstrations, training and support.
• Negotiate all sales opportunities within company established parameters in territory and generate associated sales contracts and quotations.
• Maintain desirable pricing levels through effective sales negotiation.
• Coordinate and communicate sales activities and strategies effectively to supervisors.
• Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Illumina’s CRM database. Utilize same to effectively monitor and direct customer purchasing activities.
• Leverage CRM system to grow sales from existing customer base and expand customer base in assigned territory.
• Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
• Create a territory business plan that satisfies goals as established by sales management.
• Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects, and opportunities.
• Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by Sales management and the Training department.
• Work with Genomic Analysis business unit TAM counterparts within your assigned territory to enable there selling efforts into translational accounts.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in clinical and/or translational sales.
• Experience working in a start up environment.
• Proven track record growing specific, targeted markets.
• Strong technical background in molecular biology or genomics is required.
• Well-developed professional and strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels of the customer organization. Additionally, demonstrated ability to convert qualified leads into closed deals.
• Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiation skills including high value capital equipment
• Detail- and service-oriented individual.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf