Senior Legal Analyst at First Data Corporation
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
Position Description Overview
Paralegal to support the General Counsel Office team.
- This position will support project management and other initiatives in the General Counsel Office for the Global Sourcing business unit.
- The candidate will work closely with the associate General Counsel and other team members in coordination of case defenses, design and implementation of business process improvements, project management, as well as conduct research.
- May, with little guidance, negotiate agreements or resolve complaints that commit the company financially or otherwise bind the company in significant matters. May be responsible for managing a small-sized budget.
- Work is performed independently or with minimal attorney supervision.
- This position has some authority to deviate from existing policies and procedures.
- Conducts self-initiated advanced research and fact gathering, performs analysis and may make decisions on medium level risk.
- A bachelor’s degree, paralegal
certificate or equivalent work experience,
- 8-10 years' law firm or corporate
law department experience in litigation, intellectual property, compliance or
- A demonstrated aptitude for use
and management of software applications as needed and a working understanding
of databases and information management
- Strong problem solving skills
Proven ability to work well with a team but also independently, often with
competing priorities (multi-tasking is critical)
- Ability to identify
potential problem areas and appropriately escalate to manager as needed
- Must work well under pressure
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.