Director, HRIS and Staff Care at Save the Children
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
The HRIS and Staff Care Director oversees the human resources information system (HRIS) in addition to other HR systems and interfaces. Manages system configurations, functionality implementations, and day to day administration of the global HRIS system. Manages HRIS vendor relationship, and all data that flows internally and externally through agency systems/processes associated with the system including: ad-hoc reporting, human capital metrics, predictive analytics, performance management, recruiting, org chart now, security training, and on/off-boarding). This role facilitates excellence in execution of work processes, communications and staff access and training to the system. The HRIS Director works closely with stakeholders in HR and IT and oversees the activities of the HR Analyst. This position reports to the Senior Director of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Oversees department functions of the human resources information management systems including Ultipro.
- Provide training and oversight of HRIS Analyst with respect to data integrity, facilitating best practices, and strengthening knowledge base and development of HRIS Analyst.
- Manage Staff Care program/HR Help Desk to support staff questions of HR department, identifying trends to develop proactive communications to inform and educate Save the Children staff of helpful policies, processes, tools and services
- Act as the subject matter expert in marrying HRIS technology with workflow best practices
- Develop the Ultipro roadmap to proactively address business needs including a review of opportunities for short and long term system improvements
- Provide support for HRIS including but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools; develop and administer standard reports, i. e. build standard dashboards, human capital metrics, and set up predictive analytics.
- Maintain set up of, and periodically review functionality of Workflow Configuration to ensure proper data flow within system.
- Help maintain data integrity in all systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Manage and design the mapping of all HRIS tables in Ultipro to ensure accurate data is captured and enabling comprehensive reporting.
- Review external systems/Ultipro in collaboration with IT to ensure proper HRIS data entry functions are available (job codes/reason codes/approvals) and flowing properly between systems.
- Ensure accurate documentation process manuals are designed and updated for all HRIS workflows and end users.
- Develop and maintain user friendly procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train staff and new system users on new processes/functionality updates.
- Leads the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades.
- Establish strong partnership with IT and Finance department
- Collaborate with other HRIS users (Payroll, Finance, Recruiters, Trainers, C&B) to ensure integrity of HRIS.
- Advise management on organization policy matters related to HRIS.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws, and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters and various federal requirements.
- Continuously increases knowledge through classes, reading, developing staff, and other mechanisms. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
- You have a minimum 7-10 years' experience in area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Level of Technical and/ or Managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to direct the operational activities of a Unit or Team, or provide technical advice, guidance and management related to various size programs, grants or projects.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ultipro Experience (CoreHR/Payroll, Recruiting, Onboarding, Business Intelligence, Benefits Open Enrollment and Life Events, Workflow Configuration).
- Knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Critical Evaluation and complex problem solving skills
- Report writing experience, preferably Cognos
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes.
- Ability multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Communicates effectively to convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills trust by gaining confidence of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Collaborates by building partnerships with others to meet shared objectives.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, proactive, and collaborative team player.
What’s In It for You (Keep)
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.