Associate Director, Strategic Foundation Partnerships at Save the Children
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut
The Associate Director, Strategic Foundation Partnerships will cultivate and steward strategic, long-term partnerships and mobilize resources from foundations to fund breakthrough programs that achieve immediate and lasting change for children. This individual is responsible for meeting a $1.5M revenue goal each year.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Independently manage existing foundation relationships. (70%)
- Provide quality management of existing grants and commitments from current foundation donors.
- Secure new funding in support of Save the Children’s global and domestic programs from foundations currently supporting the organization.
- Serve as the primary contact with foundation program officers.
- Raise revenue from new foundation prospects (10%)
- Identify new prospects and develop strategies to seek support for Save the Children’s programs.
- Provide support, as needed, to the Vice President, Senior Director, and Director in the management of their key foundation partnerships. (10%)
- Perform special projects and represent the foundations team on topics related to the strategic efforts of the unit. Also, perform other duties as may be assigned. (10%)
- A minimum 5-7 years of fundraising and account management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success in developing and presenting proposals for funding
- Proven ability to approach senior level foundation staff and manage site visits to programs
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior members of the organization on fundraising activities
- Proven project management skills and expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate independently and as a team member
- Strong PC skills, including effective use of the internet and the ability to communicate effectively electronically
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities and with the American Management Association, as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world's most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.