Background Manager at First Data Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
Position Description Overview
This detail-oriented position is focused on the distribution, processing, maintenance and adjudication of compliance documentation in both physical and electronic formats as it relates to the on-boarding of personnel. The purpose of this position us to ensure adherence to internal policies, external client contractual requirements, relevant laws, rules and regulations with respect to personnel security.
- This position is responsible for managing a staff of analyst charged with reviewing candidate/employee supplied background data and completed background reports and deciding whether the data meets internal and external compliance requirements. The position has sole authority for determining the completeness and compliance of the data provided by his/her team. The incumbent may collaborate with senior management with respect to criminal or financial issues which are undefined or on a compliance threshold with the understanding that many compliance decisions are extremely personal and nuanced. Therefore, even after consultation with Sr. Mgmt., the incumbent is fully responsible for owning the compliance decision they make with respect to the candidates on-boarding or an employee's continued employment with the understanding that their decision may place the enterprise at risk from human capital or in breach of contract, laws, or regulations bearing significant financial and reputational risk to the company from non-compliance.
- In addition to the standard responsibilities, the incumbent champions and implements new processes, standards and polices as necessary to support the Client's requirements.
- The incumbent's work is responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the company by acting as the 'gatekeeper' to the organization and facilitates the planning of the workload balancing strategies in order to meet business objectives.
- Each incumbent and his/her team works independently and self-paces their work and job responsibilities in order to meet the needs of the company and their Clients.
Scope of Job
Makes decisions on a regional level regarding physical security in compliance with FD policies and procedures. Broad knowledge of the field with moderate leadership skills.
With minimal supervision makes decisions surrounding the security of the facility. Escalated issues will be reviewed with the Director, Physical Security.
- 5+ years experience in Personnel Security, Human Resources, Legal, or other compliance driven role
- 5+ years experience that evidences analytical skills. Excellent computer skills.
- Minimum of 2+ years in a supervisory position, preferably in the financial industry
- Ability to make sound decisions on general personnel matters with little or no direction. Ability to perform independently and work with a team on complex adjudication matters.
- Ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization. Prior law experience is helpful
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft, HRIS and background check initiation and investigation skills preferred. Prior experience with personnel security, vendor training or Human Resources background preferred.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.