Warehouse Supervisor: Tuesday - Saturday 1PM - 9PM - Hopkins, MN at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Management 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Supervises Warehouse shipping and receiving activities and associates for a specific shift/area to ensure functions are performed within Company and Distribution Center guidelines. Provides excellent customer service to stores serviced through accurate handling of inbound and outbound product.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Schedules and supervises of Inventory Control associates: Assigned Order Selectors, Receiving, Shipping or any other Warehouse personnel.
- Controls production standards, accuracy of inventory, using proper accuracy programs and systems.
- Processes store returns and return to vendors using proper Company policies.
- Coordinates with Inventory Control associates regarding slotting, product rotation and space allocation. Maintains daily inventory and accuracy records.
- Conducts daily crew meeting to discuss safety, productivity and accuracy.
- Communicates with Transportation on the flow and receipt of backhauls.
- Supervises scheduling of inbound load appointments.
- Responsible to sign for, sort and distribute inbound, overnight carrier and mail service deliveries.
- Walks warehouse daily, with Superintendent, to ensure that safety, security, sanitation and pest control codes, laws, and policies are maintained.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with all departments.
- Possess strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations, with prior work experience to include lead person or supervisory duties, preferably with the Company.
- Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess the ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.