RN Care Coordinators at Magellan HRSC, Inc.
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
This position is regionally/locally based in the Charlottesville region (Rockingham County, Louisa County, Lynchburg to Halifax County area) with travel throughout the region for home visits and to work with providers.
The RN Care Coordinator meets with members (pregnant mothers and high-risk children with special healthcare needs) to ensure ongoing care coordination services are identified and met using a person-centered approach. Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources, communication with members on a monthly basis, or more frequently as requested, depending on the individual’s needs and preferences.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for members and the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT); leads ICT process and meetings; facilitates communications among relevant parties.
- Monitors the provision of services as outlined in the Individual Care Plan (ICP) and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources in a mode and manner that is culturally and developmentally appropriate and considers the member’s physical and cognitive abilities and level of literacy; assists member in developing self-management skills to effectively access and use services.
- Manages assigned case load.
- Participates in the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process.
- Assesses for appropriate changes or additions to services, facilitates referrals for the members, and ensures the ICP is updated as necessary.
- Ensures that appropriate mechanisms are in place to receive enrollee input.
- Ensures member complaints and grievances are submitted according to the policies and procedures.
- Actively participates during care transitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleRN Care Coordinators
Job FamilyCare Management
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/23/2018
Date Requisition Created4/23/2018
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Nursing
License and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMust be a registered nurse in the state of Virginia.
Must have at least 1+ years of clinical experience working directly with individuals in the target population, maternal and high-risk children with special healthcare needs.
If supporting Private Duty Nursing Services, must have one year of related experience with medically complex members dependent upon life sustaining equipment.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled