Product Application Engineer at Overhead Door Corporation
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mount Hope, Ohio
Reads incoming orders to identify the components needed for production to fulfill orders along with assuring that customer orders are met. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Individual contributor
- May lead portions of design projects
- Interfaces Cross-functionally
- BS in Mechanical Engineering degree or other applicable degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience in design engineering application, preferably in manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with AutoCad, SolidWorks, and other applicable design software.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- 2-3 years experience with project management.
- Functional ability to utilize and operate standard computer software.