Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Walworth at Dolomite Products Company, Inc.
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Walworth, New York
Job ID: 136687
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout CRH. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
Reporting to the Equipment Manager, the mechanic will be responsible for performing all needed inspections and repairs on Ready Mix Trucks, On-Highway End Dump Trucks, Tractors and Trailers, and Heavy Construction Equipment in a safe, effective manner.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment.
- Operates and inspects machines and equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists, as well as hand and power tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, electric motors, drums, seals, hydraulic pumps, valves, pistons, rods, gears, crankshafts, cylinder blocks, etc.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment).
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Directs workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Performs record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Plans work procedures and/or possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts and rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Performs general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assists other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two year certificate from college or technical school. Certificate or degree in heavy equipment maintenance and repair preferred.
- Three to six months of heavy equipment maintenance experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record is preferred. Commercial class A or B is a plus.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT medical card if applicable.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set forth by the US DOT.
- Able to identify, define, and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions independently.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, written or oral form.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to equipment operations.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research, evaluation, and repair completion.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.