Strategic Sourcing Specialist I at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Laurel, MarylandJob Description:
Strategic Sourcing Specialist I
Recruitment Category Type
Procurement & Supplier Diversity
Number of Vacancies
Job Description Summary
Division Manager, Strategic Sourcing or Procurement
Full or Part Time
If Part Time how many hours per week
Regular or Temporary
Position End Date (if temporary)
Monday - Friday
8:30AM - 5:00PM
Position Summary Information
Performs general Strategic Sourcing contracting duties within a team setting. Strategic sourcing contracting duties include using a fact-based, rigorous process that involves: substantial internal data gathering and evaluation; extensive external data gathering and interactions; selecting the most appropriate strategy and negotiations approach; and ultimately selecting and managing the right supplier.
• Has authority to bind the Commission on purchases per the delegation of authority;
• Develops and maintains key industry market data to be used for strategic sourcing activities
• Collects ongoing market intelligence and evaluate potential impact on sourcing strategies
• Analyzes bid responses to determine the most responsive and responsible bidder to optimize total cost of ownership for the Commission
• Identifies and develops cost reduction opportunities by collaborating with operations, legal, supply chain, finance and other departments as needed on cross-functional sourcing opportunities;
• Develops and implements appropriate sourcing strategies for various commodities to support corporate and business unit objectives
• Decides if recurring purchases are appropriate for strategic sourcing agreement/initiatives
• Researches, recommends, initiates, implements and manages supplier programs that result in cost reductions, process improvements, and risk mitigation
• Prepares RFx's, develops RFx scoring models, performs vendor analysis, develops Service Level Agreements, develops, recommends and executes sourcing strategies for assigned projects;
• Negotiates with suppliers on a variety of purchase agreements, contracts and special projects to drive favorable contract terms and pricing
• Negotiates any changes in vendor contracts in accordance with Commission, state, and federal rules and regulations;
• Negotiates with suppliers to obtain maximum benefit to the Commission from contracts;
• Participates in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure execution of
defined strategies and contractual requirements;
• Assists in developing communication and implementation plans for major sourcing initiatives;
• Assists in monitoring and tracking vendor performance through periodic financial reviews,
product performance, customer satisfaction surveys, and customer outreach;
• Assists in the development of internal policies and tools necessary to implement strategic
sourcing initiatives and assists in prioritizing strategic sourcing initiatives;
• Assists in marketing and promoting strategic agreements to the Commission stakeholders to
facilitate end user participation in and support of strategies;
• Provides sourcing guidance for budgets, capital spend and strategic plans;
• Works collaboratively with the Procurement Specialists and other Supply Chain Professionals in the development and formation of strategic sourcing Agreements;
• Performs supplier evaluations - develops plans for service improvement and implement
corrective actions as required.
• Participates in the SLMBE Program development initiatives to better enable their inclusion and participation in strategic sourcing initiatives
• Uses business software to create and maintain documents, reports, spreadsheets and databases;
• Assists the team in the management and development of large or complex team projects and may manage team projects of limited complexity;
• Serves as an observer and assistant on Strategic Sourcing RFP evaluation panels.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
Standard office environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• General knowledge of business principles and practices, purchasing, contracting, negotiating, research, finance, accounting, and relationship management principles and practices;
• Ability to perform cradle-to-grave contracting work;
• Ability to provide technical support to a team on procurements;
• Ability to write clearly and concisely using proper language and grammar;
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment in applying laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Ability to effectively manage workload within a team setting;
• Ability to practice effective time management;
• Ability to promptly respond with courtesy to requests and complaints from the general public, vendors, customers, coworkers and external government agencies and work proactively to resolve issues;
• Ability to actively collaborate with team members to accomplish team objectives.
Minimum Education, Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, construction management, public administration, or a related field.
• 1 year of technical experience in contracts formation and/or administration in a public or private sector engineering, finance, operations, procurement or supply chain management office.
- OR -
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 7 years of technical experience in contracts formation and/or administration in a public or private sector engineering, finance, operations, procurement or supply chain management office.
Completion of the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Financial Disclosure statement within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
• Experience working with strategically sourced contracts.
Posting Detail Information
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Commission to select new employees and to promote current employees without regard to race, sexual orientation, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, or handicap. The Commission does not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability and will make reasonable accommodation for any disability that does not result in undue hardship for the Commission.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience in contracts formation or administration in Engineering, Finance, Operations, Procurement or Supply Chain Management -OR- High School Diploma/equivalent and 7 years of experience in contracts formation or administration in Engineering, Finance, Operations, Procurement or Supply Chain Management?
- * Do you have work experience in cradle-to-grave contracting?
- * Do you have experience working with strategically sourced contracts?
- Are you an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces who was a bona fide resident of the state of Maryland when you entered the U.S. military?