RN - Inpatient - Emergency Services - 60%FTE, Evening/Night at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Health Care 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
The Emergency Department is a state-of-the-art Level I Trauma Center that serves the adult and pediatric population.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse:
- With a remarkable team of nurses, providers, and support staff, we have the opportunity to provide exceptional emergency care for patients of all acuities and ages.
- The Emergency Department space consists of 30 acute care adult rooms, 11 Pediatric rooms, three multi-purpose procedure rooms, a 10 bed Clinical Decision Unit, and three Behavioral Health ?Safe? rooms.
- Fully equipped with three Major Trauma rooms and a Pediatric Resuscitation room to facilitate the care of the critically ill or injured adult and pediatric patient.
- New CareSTART area which is open during peak times to expedite the intake process and allow for patient care to begin sooner. An RN and Emergency Physician sees the patient on arrival and care can begin immediately.
- 10 bed Clinical Decision Unit provides the patient with the comforts of a hospital room for patients who require a longer stay and more extensive evaluation and testing, but are unlikely to need admission.
Minimum ? Graduate of a baccalaureate, associate or diploma nursing school
Preferred ? Baccalaureate degree in nursing
Minimum ? 2 years of Pediatric or Adult Medical/Surgical nursing experience and/or one year of recent Emergency, ICU or Critical Care experience, with adult and/or pediatric populations
Preferred ? Emergency Department experience with adult and/or pediatric populations
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin. CPR and ACLS and PALS certification.
Preferred - TNCC, ENPC, ACLS and PALS certifications
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area.
- Provides care in collaboration with the other nursing staff members, support staff, and providers
- Exhibits excellent communication skills
- Interacts with patients and families in a supportive, supportive manner
- Evaluates effectiveness of teaching interventions, patients/family level of understanding, and adjusting teaching and plan of care accordingly
- Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other team members such as ED Techs.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
60%FTE, 24 hours. Evening/Night, 8/12 hour shifts between the hours of 11:00 - 03:30 with weekend rotation. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.