Staff Environmental Geologist (Entry Level) at ERM Consulting and Engineering Inc
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dewitt, New York
ERM is seeking a hands-on Staff Environmental Geologist to join our consulting firm in Syracuse, NY. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting site investigation and remediation projects at industrial projects sites. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Assist with ongoing field work (soil and groundwater sampling, etc.).
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site workplans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Perform database QC and data entry.
- Support field staff in entering field data and maintaining project notes.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Task Managers and Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Bachelors in chemical/civil/environmental engineering, geology, hydrogeology, or related discipline; Masters a plus.
- Recent graduate to 2 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Local candidates preferred.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview or video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.